Thursday, June 11

Day One!

Alrighty, here we go. I am a senior in college, about 15 lbs over my ideal weight (I think...?), have only ever dieted once before in my life, and am starting the hCG diet today. (-: For those of you who don't know what the hCG diet is, I'll provide a link in the near future. The basics you need to know, from my understanding, are as follows:

Everyone has three types of fat. One of those is called "abnormal fat storage" and this is what creates the lumps and bulges we as a country spend billions of dollars each year trying to get rid of. Problem is, the body doesn't naturally go for that abnormal fat when it needs extra nutrients. That's why if you starve yourself you don't get a sleek body, you look, well, starved. To loose weight in the places wehere it doesn't need to be, we need a way of telling the body "eat up the abnormal fat storages!" HCG, a hormone found most notably in pregnant women, does exactly that.

The Dr. that formed this diet researched everything for a long time and fuond that if you take daily doses of hCG for a period of 20-40 days, and consume a very low calorie diet, your body will use abnormal fat storages to get its nutrients. You don't feel hungry even though you're eating very little, and you are perfectly healthy because you get the nutrients you need, you're just getting them from deep storage instead of immediate supply like usual. After the 20 (in my case) days, you can eat as much as you want but just no sugars or starches. For the next three weeks you slowly introduce foods, and after that you are ready to eat normally again! Except thsi time, you have a new "normal". Your body has been reset so it wants to stay at its new lower weight, so you only feel hungry for smaller portions and whatnot. And you look different too because you released a lot of excess fat.

It's self-regulating because as soon as your abnormal fat supply disappears, you become RAVENOUSLY hungry. The hCG doesn't allow your body to use up the good fat (such as structural fat; the stuff you need to look and feel and function in a healthy way!), so once you run out of abnormal fat it has nothing else to eat and you can tell as soon as that happens.



That's a very brief and inadequate explanation, but I just wanted to give a basic idea to those who are brand new to the topic.

Today is my first day! That means I take some hCG but spend today and tomorrow "loading". Yup, just what it sounds like: I eat as much fat as I possibly can! This makes sure my structural fat is well supplied, and keeps me comfortable as I start the VLCD (very low calorie diet) in a couple of days. I odn't like a ton of junk food, so the hard part will be finding enough fatty foods to eat... but here goes! (-: I will update daily (hopefully) with how my weight and percentage body fat is coming along and how I feel. Maybe you will want to give it a try too if it works out for me. (-: Happy reading!


Day One
Weight: 143 lbs
%Body fat: 32.3

No comments:

Post a Comment