Monday, June 22

Hmm, unexplained gain..

Well, I gained 1.6 lbs overnight. I don't understand why. Yesterday was a rough day for me, but I didn't give into my cravings at all. I did have a bad dream that I visited some friends, forgot myself, and ate a huge breakfast full of forbidden food, but of course when I woke up I was relieved to find I was safely in bed with an empty tummy! I wasn't quite so excited to find a higher weight, of course. I still don't know what caused it. My best guess is inflammation, since I do have an inflammatory joint disease/disorder, but since I was in little pain (my normal symptom of a flare) it's still a bit of a mystery. We thought it could be starches since I did have two melba toasts, but I looked back at the days I've had melba on my journey so far, and there was no correlation to weight loss. I lost just as much if not on the high end, the morning after eating toast. So... who knows. I'm a complex person with a complex body and systems therein!

I drank a lot of water today (probably about four full water bottles, more if you count the 'soda' and iced tea), so maybe that'll help (-: We'll see what happens in the morning.


Even with this crazy gain, though, I'm averaging out at 1.1 lb a day, which is of course still great progress. As long as I start dropping again soon I'll be okay.


Oh, and good news! Mom let me have a pair of her capris that she... out-shrunk?, and they are a full size smaller than the bermuda shorts I bought before starting the diet. They fit perfectly! That's exciting for me (-:


I hope things are going well for all of you. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment